Czech Presidency to hold important summits in Prague in May
On 7 May the Employment Summit and the Eastern Partnership Summit will take place. The summit “Southern Corridor – New Silk Road” will be held on 8 May and EU-Canada Summit on 6. May.
- 4 May - EU-Japon Summit
Format: leaders of the EU and Japon.
- 6 May - EU-Canada Summit
Format: leaders of the EU and Canada.
- 7 May – morning: Employment Summit
Format: a social Troika, i.e. the Czech Presidency, Sweden and Spain, social partners and representatives of the business sector.
- 7 May – afternoon: Eastern Partnership Summit
Format: a summit of the EU-27 at the level of Heads of State or Government and representatives of the Eastern Partnership countries.
- 8 May – “Southern Corridor – New Silk Road” Summit
Format: an EU Troika, i.e. the Czech Presidency, the European Commission and the General Secretariat of the Council with representatives of the Southern Corridor countries.
- 11-14 May - Ministerial Meeting EU - Rio Group
14th Ministerial Meeting EU - Rio Group
- 20 May - EU - China Summit
Format: leaders of the EU and China.
All media representatives who wish to participate must register.
- The programme of the summits and practical information for media representatives will be specified.
- For updated information check the website of the Czech Presidency.
Last update: 16.8.2011 15:32