General Affairs and External Relations Council (GAERC)
- Date: 16.3.2009 — 17.3.2009
- Venue: Brussels
- Category: Council of Ministers
- Theme: General Affairs and External Relations
On the agenda of the General Affairs section are preparations for the Spring European Council and the Community contribution to the Recovery Plan. The External Relations section will address the Western Balkans, Belarus and Moldova. During lunch the participants will focus on transatlantic relations and the Middle East peace process.
On Tuesday 17 March Deputy Prime Minister Vondra will speak at the Industrial Competitiveness international conference in Brussels. Bearing the subtitle “Challenges, opportunities and the role of policy in difficult times”, the conference is organised by the European Commission.
Recording of the press conference (16.2.) is available on the website of the Council.
- Agenda - EXTERNAL RELATIONS (pdf, 125 kB)
- Agenda - GENERAL AFFAIRS (pdf, 121 kB)
- Background note - GENERAL AFFAIRS and EXTERNAL RELATIONS (pdf, 149 kB)