Informal Meeting of Heads of State and Government
- Date: 1.3.2009 — 1.3.2009
- Category: European Council
- Theme: European Council
After meeting the European Commission, Czech Prime Minister and European Council President Mirek Topolánek announced, together with Commission President José Manuel Barroso, that the Czech Presidency calls an informal EU meeting, to take place in Brussels on 1 March.
The meeting will address the steps taken by the individual EU Member States to implement the Recovery Plan and to shield themselves from the impacts of the financial crisis.
The Czech Prime Minister and the European Commission President agreed that at a time of growing pressure to adopt protectionist measures it is of particular necessity to adhere to the rules of the internal market and fair competition.
More information please find on the Council of the EU website.
- 1.3.2009 - M.Topolánek: “European solidarity is unthinkable without national responsibility”
- 28.3.2009 - Statement by Mirek Topolánek ahead of the informal meeting
- 1.3.2009 - Photogallery
- Jiří František Potužník, Spokesman of the Prime Minister for the Czech EU Presidency
- Tel.: +420 224 002 497; GSM: +420 725 818 435, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joint Press Lines (pdf, 12 kB)