Agriculture and Fisheries Council
- Date: 25.5.2009 — 25.5.2009
- Venue: Brussels
- Category: Council of Ministers
- Theme: Agriculture and Fisheries
The Council sessions will start, under the chair of Mr Jakub ŠEBESTA, Czech Minister for Agriculture, on Monday 25 May at 14.30 in Brussels.
The Council will have an exchange of views based on the Commission's Green Paper on the reform of the Common Fisheries Policy (CFP). The Council will hold a policy debate on the simplification of the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) “a simplified CAP for Europe – a progress for all” with a view to adopting conclusions on that matter.
- The Presidency will hold a press conference probably at the close of the Council meeting [ca. 19.00].
- Public events can be followed via video transmission: http://video.consilium.europa.eu/
- 25.5.2009 - Czech Agriculture Minister Jakub Šebesta to chair the Agriculture and Fisheries Council
- 26.5.2009 - Future Common Fisheries Policy to protect ecosystems and highlight the responsibility of fishermen and market mechanisms
- 26.5.2009 - Simplified legislation should make the Common Agricultural Policy cheaper and more competitive