Ministerial Conference Safer Internet for Children
- Date: 20.4.2009 — 20.4.2009
- Venue: Prague - Czech Republic
- Category: Conferences and Seminars
- Theme: Justice and Home Affairs
On 20 April 2009 the Prague Congress Centre will host a ministerial conference Safer Internet for Children, which is organised by the Ministry of the Interior in cooperation with the European Commission.
The conference, which will be attended by EU Ministers and other guests, will discuss primarily the issue of police cooperation, which could reduce the volume of illegal Internet content and help detect creators and distributors of child pornography.
The ministerial conference will be concluded by the adoption of the “Prague Declaration”.
We would like to take this opportunity to invite you to the press conference, to be held in the Prague Congress Centre at 17:15. Czech Interior Minister Ivan Langer, Czech Police President Oldřich Martinů and representatives of the European Commission will speak at the conference.
New multiannual programme of the EU for online safety of children – the “Safer Internet” programme - entered into force on the first day of the Czech EU Presidency. In 2009 – 2013 this programme will focus on increasing online safety, especially for children who enter the world of Internet and mobile technologies at an early age, and who are rapidly becoming teenagers with perfect technological skills, and surf the Internet.
Accreditation for media representatives is open until Friday 17 April 2009 via email address firstname.lastname@example.org and it is obligatory for all media representatives.
- Markéta Matlochová, Spokesperson for Czech Presidency of the EU, Ministry of the Interior
- tel.: +420 974 832 971, GSM: +420 603 191 750, e-mail: email@example.com
All photographs from the events can be found here.
- 20.4.2009 - Participants in the conference ”Safer Internet for Children” adopted the Prague Declaration